Pam is a seasoned environmental attorney who joined Daley Mohan Groble, P.C. as Partner after 19 years with BNSF Railway Company.
Pam’s experience includes environmental remediation claims and litigation with private parties, communities and government agencies, some involving complex sites with multiple contaminants and sources, off-site migration, indoor air, toxic tort, and insurance issues. While at BNSF Railway Company, Pam was lead in-house environmental counsel in the case of Burlington Northern, et al, v. United States, et al, ultimately decided by the United States Supreme Court, which held that joint and several liability for environmental cleanup costs need not attach where apportionment can be demonstrated at trial.
At Daley Mohan Groble, Pam’s practice also covers compliance counseling, permitting, auditing and enforcement actions in environmental matters under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, and Superfund as well as hazardous materials transportation and other environmental statutes.
In addition to her regulatory practice, Pam provides transactional counseling in property acquisition, disposition and financing, including permitting small and large scale development projects requiring Environmental Impact Statements or other assessments under National Environmental Policy Act.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1985
- University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, B.A., 1981
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Illinois Supreme Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel (Environmental Committee, Chair)
- American Railway Development Association (Law Committee - Chair)
- American Short Line and Regional Railroad Association (Veterans Recruitment Committee and General Counsel Committee)
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
PRESENTATIONS AND ARTICLES
- Muddying the Waters: What You Need to Know About the Proposed Rule on "Waters of the United States", American Railway Development Association Newsletter, September 2014
- How to Avoid Pitfalls When Hiring Veterans, Fleet Maintenance Magazine, February, 2014
- Public Participation in Rail Projects, American Railway Development Association Annual Meeting, June 11, 2012
- Environmental 101, American Shortline and Regional Railroad Association Annual Meeting, April 23, 2012
- The Latest in Remediation, American Shortline and Regional Railroad Association Eastern and Southern Region Conferences, October 3, 2011, and October 24, 2011
- Environmental Issues in a Derailment, American Shortline and Regional Railroad Association Legal Tracks Newsletter, Fourth Quarter 2012
- Navigating the Legal Trenches of Hiring Veterans,(with Maisha Shaw) Mass Transit Magazine, September 28, 2012
- Board Member and Secretary, Iraqi Mutual Aid Society